Friday, January 2, 2015

Thankful for 2014

Happy New Year everyone, I hope everyone had a fun and safe Holiday season. It is absolutely crazy how quickly 2014 has flown by. But I am more than ready to say goodbye and say hello to 2015. This year was definitely a learning experience. It wasn't the worst year I've had but it wasn't necessarily the best. I overcame quite a few obstacles, learned a few lessons, lost some friendships, gained some friendships, etc. It is safe to say that through all of the blessings and heartache this year has brought me, I've really found myself. Today I wanted to share with you all a few things I am thankful for from 2014. Enjoy!


1. My Boyfriend
So cliche, I know. This year has definitely been a roller coaster ride, but we got through every obstacle and bump in the road together. I couldn't be more thankful that he stuck by my side through it all. I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for us! With graduation quickly approaching for the both of us, it is sure to be an exciting year. Watch out real world, we're coming for ya!

2. New Friendships
I've met so many new friends this year who have all had such a great impact in my life. I've also rekindled quite a few old friendships from high school. I'm so thankful for all of the amazing people I have in my life! 

3. Lost Friendships
I've lost a few friendships this year, friendships I've had since preschool unfortunately. It's always sad to see a 20+ year long friendship end, but it's taught me that as we grow older, some friendships are bound to grow apart. People change and you must always remember what you are deserving of and know when it's time to let go, no matter how badly it may hurt.

4. Family
Being Italian, family has always been the most important aspect of my life and we've always been close. But this last year we've been even more close. I unexpectedly lost my grandmother in 2013 and it was definitely a wake up call to cherish every minute I am able to spend with my family. 

5. Blogging
I've only been blogging for about six months now, so I'm still fairly new. But I am amazed at the impact it has had on my life thus far. I've met new friends through it, was presented with some amazing opportunities and it has helped me with my self-confidence a tremendous amount. I am excited to see where blogging takes me in 2015!

What are you thankful for from 2014?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...