Thursday, October 2, 2014

Esteè Lauder Doublewear vs Tarte Foundation {Review}

Hi everyone! Today's post is a bit different from my usual again! After two years of using the same foundation, I finally switched it up. I was never a believer in high-end makeup, until I noticed that Estee Lauder was doing a Lilly Pulitzer gift (and you all know I could NOT pass that up). I decided to try Estee's foundation to get my gift, considering that would probably be the only thing I would get my money's worth out of. 

I could not believe how well it worked, I was seriously amazed! I never believed that there was huge difference between your typical drug store makeup, and the high end. I just assumed you were paying for the name, and BOY was I WRONG! While I loved my Estee, I decided to give Tarte a try after getting color matched at my local Ulta. The lady who color matched me at Ulta proceeded to tell me that my Estee foundation was actually quite a few shades dark than my actual skin, I became so used to it and never seemed to notice. 


While it's only been a few days since I have switched, I can already see a huge difference in my skin. Tarte doesn't have any harsh chemicals in it like Estee does, which is great for your skin. Estee was also an absolute pain to get off, I had to literally scrub my face (harshly) for it to come off, Tarte has been the complete opposite. Tarte's coverage is just about the same as Estee, it lasts me through a long day of classes. It's taking me a while to get used to the shade difference, I really am growing to love Tarte. My skin already feels and looks so much healthier! If that is what you are looking for in a foundation, I would definitely recommend Tarte.


What is your go-to foundation brand? Comment below! And please follow via GFC or Blog Lovin' if you are not already! Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

  1. I've used tarte for a while now and I can't imagine using anything else!! Lovely blog, I love your blog!

    xx
    Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...